We are looking for Icelandic freelance QA testers, editors & translators (native speakers)
Timezone: (remote position)
- Native speaker of the target language (Icelandic)
- Proven experience in translation/editing/QA testing in the following areas:
- IT content, Marketing materials (slogans, creative copy), e-learning courses, technical articles, software content, subtitled/VO videos, videos with onscreen text, closed captioned content
- Ability to use CAT tools, especially SDL TMS (translation/editing)
- University degree in translation would be a plus (translation/editing)
Your tasks as a translator are to:
- Follow advanced instructions with client-specific requirements (terminology, character limitations, consistency)
Additionally as an editor you need to:
- Review, proofread, correct translations in SDL TMS or directly in context (style, completeness, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, trademark symbols, terminology, character length, adherence to style guide etc.)
- Verify completeness and consistency of localized text, use reference materials and style guides
- Use Xbench to run automated QA with customized checklists, address and correct all necessary quality flags in target
- Freelancer should have Xbench License
As a QA tester (please note it is linguistic QA), your job is to find all the translation you believe is incorrect, inappropriate or inconsistent in the target files. You should visually compare the target files with the source files as you are the last person to see the files before they are delivered to the client, please report anything that is incorrect.
Your tasks are to:
- Make sure layout is consistent and correct. For example, if there are eight bullet points in the source file, the target file should have eight as well.
- Make sure the target files are reflecting the emphasis of the source file.
- If the document has a language code inside, make sure the language code is localized.
- A QA tester should report incorrect, inconsistent and inappropriate translation.
- Ensure there are no typos, mistranslations and grammatical errors.
- Ensure all registered trademark ®, trademark ™, copyright ©, or superscript ¹, ², ³ are in place.
- The tone of voice of the entire page should be consistent.
- Follow advanced instructions and test plans with client-specific requirements (design, terminology, prioritization of defects).
- Verify alignment, display, readability of localized assets.
- Verify completeness and consistency of localized text in context.
- Access web pages, open files packages and test files such as PowerPoint, Articulate and e-learning courses, technical articles, software content, subtitled/VO videos, videos with onscreen text, closed-captioned content.
- Use defect tracking software to flag defects providing screenshots, suggested fixes in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven linguistic QA skills and experience